MOFA Attestations requirements


The Ministry of Foreign Affairs verifies the signatures of concerned attesting authorities. These documents include:

  1. Documents issued by various authorities of central, provincial and local government which are intended to be used abroad or submitted to the Foreign Missions in Pakistan.
  2. Documents verified/attested by our Foreign Missions which are intended to be presented in Pakistan
MOFA Attestations requirements, MOFA Attestations requirements

Who can present documents for MOFA attestation?

  • The applicant himself or his family member with authority letter.
  • The person presenting the documents on behalf of his relative is required to show his/her original ID card/Passport/Driving License/University Card/School Card/Domicile/Office Card or any of his valid ID.
  • If no family member of the applicant is residing in Pakistan, the applicant is required to get an authority letter duly signed by Pakistan High Commission abroad in the name of the authorized person which will submit the documents on applicant’s behalf.

What documents are attested by MoFA?

  • The Ministry only attests documents in Urdu and English versions. Document or its translation in any other language other than English is not attested.
  • Documents once attested, will remain valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.
  • Attestation made by the Camp Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, and Karachi has the same authenticity as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and hence, will not be re-attested.
  • Photocopy or translation of any document will be attested when the original document is presented and it should be prior attested by a gazette officer of BPS-17 or above.

Documents Not Acceptable for attestation:

Following documents in original as well as the copies are not attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as these do not fall under the purview of the Ministry:

  • Passports
  • Domicile
  • ID card
  • Documents related to immovable property (i.e. Registries of the plots and agriculture land etc.)
Know more about:  Saudi Culture in Islamabad not attesting private student degrees

Document arrangement:

  • Document to be attested (with procedural requirement/pre-requisite completed as per attached list)
  • CNIC copy of the applicant
  • Authority letter from the applicant in the name of the representative.
Nikah Nama (Urdu) Seal of Nikah Registrar must be issued by concerned Secretary Union Council/Chief Officer/Tehsil Municipal Officer/Executive Officer of Cantt Board.
Birth Certificates(Urdu) Issued by Secretary Union Council/Chief Officer /Tehsil Municipal Officer/Executive officer of Cantt  Board.
B. Form(Urdu) Issued by NADRA or old B.form having the stamp of District Registration Officer (in original)
Character Certificate Issued by District Police Officer
Medical Certificate Issued or countersigned by Medical Superintendent of any Govt. Hospital
Death Certificates(Urdu) Issued by Secretary Union Council along with ID card Cancellation certificate issued from NADRA or the concerned registration office.
Divorce Certificate(Urdu) Divorce Certificate should be issued by Chairman Arbitration Council of the Area or the Court judgment regarding the dissolution of marriage should be presented for attestation.
Unmarried Certificate Affidavit Union Council Certificate An affidavit from Parents and an unmarried certificate from Secretary/Nazim Union Council should be attached with the affidavit.
ID card Cancellation Form (Urdu) Issued by NADRA or District Registration Officer.
Driving License Original Driving License has to be presented at the counter along with NOC issued by concerned License Issuing Authority. Only original NOC is attested.
School Leaving Certificate (Urdu) School leaving certificate of Class I-IX countersigned by District Education Officer and Class X attested by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC).
Secondary School Certificate Attested by IBCC
Higher Secondary School Certificate Attested by IBCC
Diploma of One-year duration and short courses These certificates must be prior attested by National Training Bureau (NTB).
Bachelors and Masters Degree Attested by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Degrees/Diploma Certificates relating to
Medical professionals
PMDC Reg., etc. Experience Certificates
All the documents have first to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services. The MBBS degree has to be attested by HEC.
Diploma of Paramedical professionals,
Nursing Diplomas etc. Experience Certificates)
All Nursing related documents first have to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services.
Succession and Guardianship Certificate Issued by the Civil Judge.
Special Power of Attorney from Pakistan to person Abroad Power of Attorney should be presented along with Succession Certificate and Guardianship Certificate. To get the attestation, the executant has to be present in person to sign the Power of Attorney or it should be registered with concerned Sub-Registrar of the Revenue Department.
Power of Attorney from Abroad to a person in Pakistan A person authorized in Pakistan has to appear in person with original ID card to get the Power of Attorney attested from MOFA.
Documents relating to commerce/trade Attested by the concerned Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
English translation of all above-mentioned documents Translation from the approved translation house by the concerned Embassy/Department will be accepted.
Know more about:  Saudi Arabia accepting which corona vaccine for international travelers
Scroll to Top
Open chat
Need Help?
How may i help you?